Saturday, February 2, 2008

Naked + $75

I purchased a potty chair for Little One on Thursday. We're not going to begin training until we figure out what method we'd like to use. There are several, apparently.


The most recent one I read about was called, "Naked + $75". With this method, you basically let your kid run around naked, encouraging him or her to use the potty when it's time. Of course, it seems like it would only work with children who are a little more aware of when they need to go before they actually go. One of the advantages of this method is that it supposedly only takes 3-5 days to get them fully potty trained. The main disadvantage is that it can be messy, hence the $75...for the inevitable carpet cleaning.

I doubt we'll go with this method, but I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Tressa said...

I did this method with my two girls who are almost 8 & 9. It worked well. I called it the Potty Marathon.
I plan to do it the same way with my two boys. We are about to start with Dylan soon--we will have to pray for eachother!

Anonymous said...

grandpa poppit loves the new picture of the lil one, especially her little "red" nose, ....Grandpa poppit

Milk in the Closet said...

tressa,
Wow! I didn't realize that people actually did this! I thought it was a joke! I may be giving you a call soon.

Grandpa B.,
Almost every time Little One sees your picture, she puts her finger up to her mouth and says, "bah, bah, bah." Funny! She remembers that!