That's right. You heard it here. The Little One can count to 10! Isn't that amazing? Isn't she amazing? We think so.
Let me explain. While I don't really work with her on her numbers yet, she does have several toys that recite the numbers one through ten. She plays with these toys (or as she says, "toe-eeees") all the time.
She counted to four the other day. We thought it was so cute, but were not sure if it was the real deal. But yesterday, I was baking and began counting as I was measuring flour. Little One (LO) was at my feet, as usual. This is what transpired:
Me: One
LO: Two (pronounced, "doooo")
Me: Two
LO: Three (pronounced, "dreeee")
Me: Four
LO: Four (pronounced, "oooorrrr")
You get the picture. We did this all the way to ten and then she walked away to find something better to do. As you can imagine, I was elated and totally lost count of how many cups of flour I had added to the bowl.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Our 18-Month Old Can Count to Ten!
Posted by Milk in the Closet at 1:21 PM
Labels: development, funny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
She's so cute. She must take after her Uncle Chris...the good lookin' one.
grandpa is slow about sending messages and yes I sent "hi" to test the system so let see if it works. ?????
once again grandpa poppit is here. grandpa poppit
happy to hear the "little one" can count to 10 now. I was 9 years old before I could do that, Grandpa Poppit
Kandy,
Little One loves you, too! I don't know if I told you, but Monday morning she woke up asking for her Aunt "Dee-Dee". So cute!
Chris W.,
We think she's cute, too. Can't wait to see what your kids will look like someday!
Thanks for commenting, both of you!!! It means a lot!
Little One thinks Grandpa B. is funny! Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment