Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Potty Progress

I officially started potty training the Little One last week, and it's going great! She's such a big girl! She's only had a few accidents, some of them messier than others, but for the most part, she goes on the potty every time! We're so proud of her! Here are some highlights from the week:

  • She is very opinionated about which big girl panties she's going to wear. Right now, Elmo panties with rainbows trump Elmo panties with flowers.
  • In order to get her into training pants, I had to show her the difference between them and diapers. She was convinced I was trying to get her back into diapers and she wasn't going to do it! She knows that she's a big girl and big girls don't wear diapers!
  • When we make her try to use the potty but she doesn't really need to go, she simply replies, "No. It's broken."
  • When she has had an accident, she looks down and says, "Uh-oh. I'm leaking."
  • Whenever we go to the bathroom, she claps for us, exclaims, "Yeah! You did it!" and tries to give us M&Ms. So cute.

Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement. It seems to have worked! We now have a big girl who is out of diapers! Wow!

0 comments: